Print This Page
Banana Lumpia is my all-time favorite Filipino dessert.
A crispy shell filled with lightly sweetened, creamy banana. Delish!
This recipe calls for cooking bananas (saba), but if you don't live in the Philippines, they may be hard to find, and I wouldn't want you spending a lot of money to acquire them, so just substitute regular bananas.
An easy & delicious dessert!
Ripe cooking bananas (saba)
Cinnamon & sugar
Lumpia wrappers; store bought or use the recipe below.
1. Cut ripe bananas in half lengthwise.
2. Dip each half in a mixture of cinnamon & sugar.
3. Wrap each half in one lumpia wrapper; you may have to double the wrapper if it seems to be breaking badly.
4. Heat oil; place lumpia carefully in oil, so not to splatter. Fry until crisp & drain on paper towel.
Recipe for Fresh Lumpia Wrapper: makes 8 - 10 wrappers.
This wrapper recipe comes from "The Philippine Cookbook"
by Reynaldo Alejandro.
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1. Mix all ingredients until very smooth.
2. Lightly grease a non-stick 8 inch fry pan. Heat pan.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of mixture on hot pan; lift and roll to spread into thin pancake.
4. When corners lift from edges; remove from pan. Wrapper is not done if it won't lift out. Continue cooking until it lifts out easily.
Return to Filipino Recipes from Banana Lumpia
Go to Home Page
To make homemade lumpia wrappers.
You will need to use your back button to return to
keep-your-home-cooking from Girly Aprons.